Did you know?
The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for active individuals is to eat 0.8-1.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
For example, a 150-pound female should consume around 68 grams of protein daily.
How to track?
My Fitness Pal is a free app that is user-friendly!
For on-the-go meals check out local stores like Clean Eatz or Project Lean Nation!
- Add protein (turkey sausage, bacon, egg whites, etc.)
- Thomas light multigrain English muffins are 100 calories.
- Load up on the veggies to improve fiber intake!!!
- Serves as a great snack as well!
per serving, based on 10 servings: calories: 219kcal, carbohydrates: 2.1g, protein: 16g, fat: 16g
- Applegate brand chicken sausage patties (60 calories per patty)
- Lower total calories by reducing cheese or alternative kinds of milk
- Serve with a side of yogurt & fresh fruit!
1 sandwich: calories: 226kcal, carbohydrates: 25g, protein: 15g, fat: 8g
- Make your own buffalo sauce
- Lower total calories by reducing cheese & alternative wraps
- Serve with a veggies!
1 wrap: calories: 437kcal, carbohydrates: 50g, protein: 26g, fat: 14g
- Make your own salad dressing or shop for salad dressing
- Add more veggies or fresh fruit!
Per serving: calories: 301kcal, carbohydrates: 27g, protein: 30g, fat: 8g
- Use lean ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken
- Great way to sneak in a cruciferous vegetable for kids and picky eaters
- Add a side salad to add nutrients!!!
Per serving: calories: 351kcal, carbohydrates: 11g, protein: 26g, fat: 23g
- Try to find salmon that is labeled "wild-caught" for optimal nutritional make up
- Serve with a side salad!!
- Make extra for lunch the next day!
Per serving: calories: 504kcal, carbohydrates: 34g, protein: 34g, fat: 26g
Late Night High Protein Snacks
- Use a baking sheet for minimal clean up!
- Spray olive oil or avocado oil rather than drizzlel
- Make extra for salads toppings!
Per serving: calories: 167kcal, carbohydrates: 14g, protein: 22g, fat: 6g
- Add cacao nibs for a garnish/crunch!
- Use PB Fit instead of peanut butter
- Make sure to read the ingredients of protein powder